Health Care Resource Page
Controlling the cost of health care is a priority at AIM. The association leverages the expertise of its Health Care Cost and Policy Committee, the members of which represent a broad-range of employers and health care industry experts. AIM's health care public policy agenda focuses on:
- Reconciling federal health care reform with Massachusetts health care reform law; including advocating for a waiver of certain provisions of federal health care reform to avoid increases in health insurance premiums for small employers and preserving the state’s success of insuring 98 percent of our residents under Mass Health Care Reform.
- Supporting implementation of the Massachusetts health-cost control law, including limiting increases in medical spending to the overall growth in the state’s economy.
- Offering educational programs and timely updates to help employers control the cost and quality of the health insurance they provide and comply with the new requirements under federal health care reform.
- Federal Resources
- Cost & Quality Tools
Health Care Solution
Employers are faced with the daunting task of controlling health insurance costs while still offering a competitive health plan employees value and complying with the Affordable Care Act (ACA). Health Care Fridays is an interactive, monthly Webinar series that provides updates on federal health care reform, changes to Massachusetts laws & regulations and best practices for effectively managing employer-sponsored health plans.
Wellness Tax Credit [Includes eligibility criteria and link to application]
Model Wellness Guide [Written for consumers, employers, and insurers]
Divided into three sections:
- Importance of healthy lifestyles in preventing and controlling chronic diseases
- Evidence-based interventions and best practices for developing worksite wellness programs
- General resources on wellness and detailed resources for employers
- Produced in collaboration with the Worksite Wellness Council of MA. Updated annually
- Replaces resource section of Model Wellness Guide
- Extensive list of free resources for developing and improving wellness programs
- Guides you through an evidence-based 7-step process for developing an infrastructure of wellness at your workplace. Last updated in 2011
Employer Responsibility Infographic
An infographic describing the penalties for employers not offering affordable coverage under the Affordable Care Act.
Health Care Coverage Options Infographic
A step-by-step guide through the options and requirements for health coverage under the Affordable Care Act.
Health Reform Implementation Timeline
An interactive tool designed to explain how and when the provisions of the Affordable Care Act will be implemented over the next several years.
Key Provision under the ACA by Employer Size
Learn about the key provisions of the Affordable Care Act based on the size of your business.
As of October 1, all health insurance plans in Massachusetts will have Web tools that allow customers to access real-time health care cost and quality information. Online tools allow estimation of annual out-of-pocket costs and tracking health-care expenses.
Aetna Health Insurance WellMatch (currently available for employers with 750 or more employees)
Harvard Pilgrim Health Care Now iKnow (HPHC members must log into their account to access the tool’s link)
Health New England (HNE members must log into their account to access the tool’s link)
Associate Vice President